The Ethics Education for Sustainable Development (E2SD) was set up in Bangladesh in January 2023 as the second phase of CEE to promote moral, ethical and spiritual values with the intent to create an enabling environment to build a fair and just society. The E2SD was co-founded by Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) and the North American Bangladeshi Islamic Community (NABIC), USA, in collaboration with the Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (AUST).
To build a society that will adhere to and practice moral, ethical and spiritual values of life.
To create a new generation committed to take challenges in reversing the social, moral and ethical degradations. The mission would be accomplished through briefings, lectures, seminars, symposia, research, training and advocacy.
Rationale of the Center
Dhaka Ahsania Mission was set up by Khan Bahadur Ahsanullah (R) with the motto of Divine and Humanitarian Service which aims to develop the social and spiritual life of the entire human community. It also seeks to cultivate brotherhood and infuse divine love in the hearts of humankind. Enabling one to recognize and realize the relationship between the Creator and its Creation, the Dhaka Ahsania Mission seeks to render all possible help to the suffering humanity. Against this holistic backdrop, the setting up of E2SD is expected to create an opportunity for the Mission to materialize the dream of its Founder. DAM Strategy Plan 2015-2025 has been drawn outlining the strategies for syngery of the core values of the Mission – honesty, morality, humanity, spirituality, humility, equality and caring for nature. Moral and ethical education, which are also the core values of NABIC, is expected to play the pivotal role in achieving the goals of the E2SD.
Scope of Works
We are now living in a global village. Each day we receive many new ideas and face many challenges about human values, ethics, morality and dignity. The ethical crisis exists not only in Bangladesh. The entire world is reeling under it. So we are identifying several areas on ethical issues and working on those. These are – ethics and education, ethics and healthcare, ethics in daily life law, ethics and environment and diversity, ethics and religion, ethics and business, ethics in ICT, ethics and cultural diversities and others. E2SD will work with the selected students and teachers of secondary schools. The teachers of the respective schools, briefed beforehand by the E2SD, will conduct sessions on the topics to build a better Bangladesh.
What We Do
- Yearlong ethical course for secondary school students. Total sessions are 30 and each session duration is 1.5 hours.
- Yearlong ethical course for secondary school students.
- Arrange to conduct an ethical session every week during the school year in the selected schools
- Arrange training workshop for school teachers
- Arrange seminar/symposia involving policy-makers and decision takers
- Arrange Olympiad every year
- Prepare news clips for students
- Liaise with the national media to spread the practices of morality and ethics in the society
- Arrange discussion session in electronic media
- A group of academically brilliant and professionally qualified teachers/instructors are involved in preparing course materials and curricula, keeping in mind the objectives of the E2SD. Participants will be given both theoretical and practical knowledge of the impact of ethical education in life.
On completion of the first phase with success, efforts will be made to explore the possibility to incorporate Ethics Education course into the curricular of schools as a subject to be taught.